Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Classes have begun again!

Yay, classes have begun!!! I'm so happy to have art conversation again. I love teaching calligraphy and art so much! And even more, I love to see my students and catch up with how they are doing.
We started with a "THUD" on Monday at Beverly Hills. They changed the classroom to the High School, so anyone who hadn't registered early didn't know. There were registration issues because the office was closed the 2 days before class started. I really feel sorry for the office who had to get that all straightened out in time for classes to begin. Then the room that we were switched to wasn't ready and all the tables were stacked on top of each other. And all I could do is sit there while Judy and my husband carried everything from the car. I really felt helpless and was so sorry for all the students wandering around the streets and campus to find this illusive classroom #121. I extend my apologies to all who made the effort to be there and if anyone tried and gave up, please come back!!! I'm going to try to make a map so you'll know where to park and find the class. When I do, I'll post it here. For those that weren't there Judy will be posting the notes from class. And, while I'm talking about Judy Shibata, I want to say, right up front that she's an angel for helping me the way she has. You are a doll, and I appreciate you so much. Also, I want to thank Satomi Wada, Debra Moini and the other people in the class that were so helpful and put the class together. It really was a group effort. A thousand thanks to you all. I hope the office staff will be able to catch their breath and carry on. I'm still trying to figure out the best way of teaching from my wheel chair. I hope it won't be much longer before I can at least stand up.
The classes at Westchester have begun as well and I need a few more students for the morning class. If you have been thinking about learning a new letter style and you would like individual attention, this is the right class for you. Consider coming to the 9:30-11:30am class. It's very small so you can learn quickly. Let me know if you're interested in coming and what style you want to learn and I'll prepare for you. See you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment