Saturday, August 7, 2010

Exhibit in Burbank

My exhibit piece "From Gothic to Graffiti"
A wonderful SfC Calligraphy exhibit is now showing!
Expressions: Images from Our Pens
Creative Arts Center Gallery 1100 West Clark Avenue Burbank, CA 91506   Ph. 818 238-5397
Gallery Hours;  M-Th 9am-8 pm   Friday 9am-7pm
Sat 9am-1pm    Closed Sunday
Marci, Francine & David at the exhibit opening


Scribe Fair Olive Park, Sat. August 14, 1-4pm.Come buy things offered by calligraphers in the park. There will be many craft objects, books, calligraphy materials, and fine prints and art. If you come in the morning to see the exhibit, have lunch in the area, (we ate at TallyRand, excellent) then check out all the things offered at the Fair. I will be writing names with metallic watercolors on black paper in a flourishing copperplate for $5 each. Need presents for the holidays? This is a personal gift that is reasonably priced but something that is always appreciated. Just as long as we spell it correctly. 
My view for the whole summer
I went to the Opening Reception last night, thanks to my friend, Francine Oller. I had my bright pink cast and toenails and my wheelchair and had a great time. So many WONDERFUL friends and students and calligraphers were there. Really, it was terrific to see everyone. Course I haven't been too many places since my accident, so it was especially sweet. The canvas on top is the piece that I made for the exhibit. I also had a page from my"Portals" book on display.  Please try to make it before it closes on August 26th. There are around 100 pieces of beautiful calligraphy from many artist around Southern California. Well, worth the effort to get out there!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment